On June 7, TVA Sports will broadcast the first round of the Maritimes Quebec Junior Hockey League draft, which will take place at the Center Avenir in Moncton.
“TVA Sports is pleased to once again present the QMJHL draft and provide exposure to young players here,” the network’s general manager, Louis-Philippe Neveu, said in a press release on Tuesday. It is our mission to help future hockey stars shine and to enable fans across the province to take part in this important event in the journey of these young athletes. We are therefore very proud to be actively involved in showcasing local talent.”
This is the second time the city of Moncton has hosted the QMJHL Draft, after 2009.
“The draft marks the beginning of a new chapter for these talented young athletes,” said QMJHL Commissioner Mario Cecchini. For many young conscripts it will be a dream come true, a milestone in their young careers. TVA Sports and EastLink offer thousands of hockey fans the opportunity to experience this unique moment in front of their television. We are very happy with these two partnerships.”
Last year, the Moncton Wildcats selected forward Caleb Desnoyers first overall in the draft.